Thursday, February 25, 2010

Short Update: Copenhagen and more...

Its been quite a busy week for me and I am only finally getting back to posting. Last weekend I visited Copenhagen and had a very nice time. I will write a full post on my trip soon, but until then I will give you three thoughts from my trip:

1) Copenhagen is too expensive
2) Don't go anytime that is near winter
3) The city is beautiful and a must-visit.

Despite the weather and the cost, Copenhagen impressed me with its physical beauty and foward-thinking attitude.

Besides traveling, I have been doing homework. My classes have been very interesting and informative but I have had alot of work (not fair!). I guess I am here to study, but I had hoped that I wouldn't be working so hard. This weekend I am being visited by an old friend of mine from High School. I am so excited. Besides having a friend in town, I finally get to do all the touristy things that I have been putting off.

On Saturday I am going to Groningen (a student city in the north) with my program and am excited to see what the rest of the Netherlands is like. Perhaps the most exciting upcoming event is the March 3rd World Cup prelim between the Netherlands and USA that I have a ticket to! A real, live, HUGE soccer game. We will be in the American section (too bad) but I will be wearing orange.

That's all for now! As the Dutch say,

Tot Ziens!

1 comment:

  1. This is why I studied in a Catholic country. Damn you Max Weber!

    ReplyDelete